There are some who start their retirement long before they stop working. -Robert Half

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The End.

Dear Blogworld,

So, I've been putting off this entry for a while now. I guess I just figured that as long as my blog isn't over, my year with Grammy and Papa isn't over either. That's how it works, right? Yeah. But, now that I'm three weeks into graduate school, I suppose it is time to move on...

Maybe you're wondering what will come of all these experiences I've had, and maybe you don't really care, but I am currently compiling my year into a book that will someday become a bestseller and Grammy, Papa and I will make zillions of dollars which we will use to:
1) Hire someone to take care of that dang flower garden at church
2) Feed hungry children
3) Start our Food Network show, Grammy and Me!

I hope you've enjoyed my life, because I know I sure have! I mean, not that it's over or anything morbid like that. It's just different now...and by "different" I mean vastly less awesome. But, I have discovered that I really like writing (yes, Mom, you were right the whole time...I like writing) so I'm starting a new blog: Things People Do. Plus, Papa always tells me I have good penmanship, which either means I have good handwriting or that I'm a good writer. I'm not sure. Maybe he means both.

So, as we used to say in Girl Scouts:
Day is done, gone the sun,
Something something something,
All is well, something about rest,
God is nigh?

(Actually, the only thing I remember about that good-bye song is the beginning and the fact that it had the word "nigh" in it. I just liked Girl Scouts because I got to wear a beanie.)

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Julie

4 comments:

  1. You are gifted writer in a world where good writing is hard to find, and I will buy the book if you will autograph it for me.
    Regards,
    John Landwehr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful moments! I loved them. I would buy the book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you incorporated Girl Scouts and beanies into this post. I'll miss this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the best coupons discounts visit paybackdollar.Paybackdollar has 12000 Store and 50,000 coupons and deals
    Paybackdollar is one of the biggist website of the coupons.Go and have fun with your coupons.Thanks


    Kohls Free Shipping Mvc

    ReplyDelete